28 April 2006

The training house

Well I have arrived at the EWB training house. 12 Treford Street in Toronto is a cozy three bedroom duplex with three floors of bedding for the dozens of overseas volunteers who will sleep under this roof over the next several weeks.

Genevieve will be meeting them all, and will be lucky enough to live and learn with two full week JF training sessions, a President's Conference, and a 4-week long-term volunteer session, all of which will take place right here in this house.

I am on a stopover on my way to Pickering for the weekend, but I will return Sunday morning to the training house for six days of intense workshops and sessions to prepare myself for the May 7th departure to Tamale.

I am going to try to take some pictures of the house when all the JFs get here, but my camera is giving me problems. This is very dangerous because it may stop working during my placement. As of right now it has no photo-taking ability, but I will do my best to get it working before I leave.

Unfortunately I do not have the funds to buy a new camera at this point, so all the pictures on this blog for the next few months may be of an inferior quality. I apologize, and be assured that there are 41 other JFs who will have awesome cameras and I will regularly post links to their photos. Until then, enjoy these shots of the training house that Danny (UofA EWB Canada intern) took.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo HOUSE!
I'm excited. Let's go eat!
You're sitting on the stairs right now and only have one pair of socks. That sucks.

28 April, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kyle, we miss you already! If you need a camera, let me (or Renee) know! I am sure she will send me out shopping! Or is there one in the office somewhere?!?!!!

28 April, 2006  
Blogger Kyle said...

Thanks for the offer of a camera, but I will make do with the one I have. I have opened it up and am trying to repair it (wait, what am I doing???)

Could use some socks though...

29 April, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW nice accomodations!!! So I will be in Toronto this weekend LOL, I might take a detour to this house of yours and Genevieve if you read this which I am assuming you will i will give you a call and of course I will call you too Kyle (assuming you still have your same phone.. you do.. don't you?)

29 April, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kyle, I have a camera you can borrow for the summer... Sony Cybershot, 2.0 Megapix. I'm downtown all week, give me a call if you want it (don't worry, I won't miss it, I rarely use it).

30 April, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kyle!
Glad to hear you got to "the house" safely. I am also broke and have no camera for you. Sorry man. I can mail you some socks if you want ;)

30 April, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember that time you met the Mayor of Pickering?

Kyle and Wayne Arthurs

(Hopefully the picture is still there when you click the link, picture is courtesy of John Cassidy)

30 April, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is a "JF"?

02 May, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spruce...I miss you...
please don't come back dead

02 May, 2006  
Blogger Kyle said...

JF = Junior Fellow. It is my position within Engineers Without Borders, and descriptive of my overseas volunteer placement.

JFID stands for Junior Fellowship in International Development. It is the program through which I am going overseas. There are 41 other 'JF's across Canada.

Hope that answers your questions!

06 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home