01 May 2006

The Training

Good Evening

Well my camera problems have been solved. I picked up a new one the morning of my arrival in Toronto.

After a meeting with Louis, Director of West Africa Projects for EWB, I have also discovered more information regarding my exact location when we arrive in Ghana. Rather than being based in Tamale, I will be based four hours to the west, in a smaller town working on irrigation and agriculture projects in the northern region.

EWB members have settled into the house, and things are tight. I have attached some photos for your enjoyment.

Training has been intense, and quite indepth, including sessions with the EWB travel doctor discussing everything from cushion worms to rabid dog bites. We have looked at the cultural differences we will experience once we get on the ground, and got a sneak peak behind EWB after some Ethiopian food at a local restaurant. The training sessions have been split into two groups, one representing the Ministry of Food & Agriculture, and the other for the various other placements, of which I am a part.

The idea of creating a new partnership between OICI and EWB is very exciting, and I look forward to being a part of the long-term relationship that can come from this placement.

I will have more info coming soon, such as the location of my new placement, and some answers to the many questions you have sent via email.

Good night.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, where are the pics my friend?

03 May, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kyle... Hiding all the pictures on us. ;)

03 May, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Johnny,

Hope you have a wonderful learning experience, and of course, a very safe trip. I can't believe you won't be around in June to drive me to Timmie's! Oh well, I am very proud of you...Malaysia is next right?

03 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home