08 May 2006

Welcome to Ghana

Thank you everyone for e-mailing your concerns and requests for pictures and information. I have arrived safely in Tamale, Ghana after nearly four days of travelling. The journey is not yet over, however, and after meeting with my partner NGO tomorrow morning, I will travel to Domonga, Ghana, in the Northern Region where I will spend the majority of my placement.

I am slowly compiling records of each of the days I have spent here so far. I will post when it becomes feasible. As for photos, the files are large, and I have not yet figured out a way to get them uploaded yet. I can assure you, the pictures are beautiful, and for a taste of what we have seen, please browse the other JF blogs whose links can be found down the right menu of this page.

Composing the first week into this blog will take some time, likely several weeks, as I will be spending much time rocketing across the Northern Region of Ghana.

Also, for the people keeping track, I will be sure to post each city we visit.

Until I post again, take care, and please leave comments on the blog. I will not be checking my e-mail too often, and I will not be sending replies to any e-mails, except for extreme circumstances.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a safe trip!!

08 May, 2006  
Blogger G. Jonathan Birinyi said...

Hey Kyle,

Hope things go well for you in Ghana. Too bad I didnt get to see you before you left - you'll have the time of your life. Safe journey, see you later.

Birinyi

10 May, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome to hear that you're finally in Ghana Kyle. The beginning of an amazing four months I'm sure. I'm pumped to read about what you're doing as you get a chance to post, and to see your pictures. Have no doubt we're all proud of you here in Windsor!!

See you in 4 short months!

11 May, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so many of your terms confuse me... what is micro-enterprise, and what is JFIC or whatever that short form is (you told me JF)... and how many people are there with you...cause you keep talking about all these people, but never really who or how many or if you're by yourself...

sorry...I'll stop with the questions...

11 May, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew, happy to hear you arrived in Ghana safely. I'm looking forward to learning all about what you're doing, Kyle! Keep us posted when you can!

11 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home